Abandonware DOS in 2017: what's changed
Another year has passed and Abandonware DOS is still here. In 2017 I mainly focused on fixing bugs, enriching features already implemented and uploading lots of games.
I devised an optimal method to speed up the process of adding new (old!) games that means more games for you and less time spent on adding them for me.
Here's a quick list of what was done this year on Abandonware DOS:
- I remade the homepage to help the user find interesting games more quickly
- I made a collector's notes page
- I listed the games available to play online in a play games online page
- I added a new method of playing games online, implementing a different js library (js-dos, made by Caiiiycuk)
- I added lots more documets, walkthroughs, manuals and obviously games
- Someone requested an "order by" functionality to better sort game lists: here you go
- And a lot of quick fixes, adjustments, etc.