Dune 2000 downloads
Recent developments in modifying Dune 2000 have led to the creation of a patch allowing it to be played at any resolutions from 640x480 to 1920x1080.
Although Dune 2000 was originally intended to be a remake of Dune II, the plotline differs completely and makes a reference to the execution of Mentat Amon of House Ordos and the replacement of the Harkonnen Mentat from Dune II, Radnor, by Hayt De Vries.
players: single player, multiplayer (Internet, LAN / local)
input: keyboard, mouse
Abandonware DOS popularity: above average
- #1 - 31.08.2016 19:05 Tom LomanI played dune 2000 for many years and enjoyed it. I used the practice games to play 4 opponents at a time. Early on i was able to win with tricks and strategy the game was ignorant of, but as time went on the game adapted and reversed the tactics on me. A game would originally take about 30 minutes to develop and win. When i last played (a week ago) games took up to 3 hours to develop and win. I regret that i cannot play on windows 10. I wish an update with all the down loads could be obtained. I played each of the houses and liked them all. I would buy a newer playable version in a heartbeat. I tried to get in touch with Westwood Studios to no avail.
- #2 - 04.03.2017 13:01 Sam GateThis is the best strategy game I've ever played. Please release a newer version.
- #3 - 03.04.2017 12:45 UhAre you sure your mind isnt playing tricks on you? The AI doesn't have learning heuristics.
- #4 - 10.04.2017 19:49 SeanPretty sure your mind is playing tricks on you. It was Westwood Associates from 1985 to 1992 when ir merged with Virgin Interactive and was renamed Westwood studios. It was purchased and absorbed by EA in 1998. They haven't existed as an entity since 2003 when they were closed by EA.
- #5 - 11.04.2017 14:47 Abandonware DOS@sean: thanks for the clarification!