Magic: The Gathering
Magic: The Gathering downloads
Magic: The Gathering is often referred to as Shandalar after the plane of Shandalar, where the game takes place.
The Spells of the Ancients expansion pack was released on September 1, 1997. It included an upgrade of the game engine and interface, improved AI, and a sealed-deck tournament feature. It also added cards from older editions of the base set, the expansion sets Arabian Nights and Antiquities.
Duels of the Planeswalkers was an upgraded version of the original game released on January 14, 1998. Owners of the original game were eligible for a mail-in rebate. It included the original game, all of the upgrades included in Spells of the Ancients, and 80 new cards from the expansion sets Legends and The Dark.
Twelve unique cards, constituting the Astral set, were exclusive to this computer game and not printed on paper (with the exception of the oversized Aswan Jaguar included in the box) They used completely randomized effects that would be difficult to play in an actual game.
players: single player, multiplayer (Internet)
input: keyboard, mouse
popularity: very high
- #1 - 26.12.2014 08:55 Zombie driverAs a huge fan of the card game since 1995, I must say this is the best PC game about Magic The Gathering. IMHO better than the official multiplayer game.
- #2 - 16.01.2015 05:25 The Elsewhere ManThis game is better than any of the dual of the planeswalkers and MTGO. This was the game that I loved playing growing up, and is still challenging to this day. Highly, HIGHLY recommend!
- #3 - 29.05.2015 09:04 RedI agree with the above comments . This game is the best Magic the Gathering as far as I know . The new ones are visually beautiful but thats about it . They arent challenging and become quickly repetitive . I recommand this game !! 10/10
- #4 - 07.06.2015 00:00 fakfaceawesome game and better than all new ones which add 'gaming' effects to it... straight card game, MTGO is far superior...but as an rpg its awesome, kinda make u think how they came up' with the idea of PuzzleQuest...now we need a rerelease of this n we b set!
- #5 - 22.07.2015 00:00 WWDDAI followed all the instructions at http://Shandalar.net/installation.html but for some reason whenever I enter the menu to edit my deck the game go's haywire. it shows me a clearly glitched deck editor, and the moment I enter any other menu it glitches out and crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
- #6 - 22.07.2015 10:59 AbandonwareDOSWWDDA, it runs fine on my system, I have Windows 8. Can you be more specific about the system you're running Magic on?
- #7 - 11.09.2015 22:32 SomeGuyHi there, i followed the instructions on shanalar.net (i.e. both: Setup, and the ACT fix), but i am still not able to edit my deck, i.e. when I enter the 'Edit Deck'-Screen, the bottom row, where all my collected cards are supposed to be, is completely empty :(
The rest of the game works just fine, as far as i can see, so thanks anyway for the upload
- #8 - 26.09.2015 04:33 JohnI can't seem to be able to buy any cards when I am in a village. I click on "Buy Cards" and I see the 4 or 5 cards that I can buy, but when I select a card, there is no actual way for me to buy it. Could My screen be missing the Buy button for some reason?
- #9 - 31.10.2015 19:39 NatDaHat@ John: If you just hit 'Y' or 'N' it will buy the cards for you when in store (or in the travelling merchants screens)
@ Some Guy: I have the same problem and can't find a fix... :( I have found that right-clicking on the cards at the top hapf of the screen (deck) you can add cards in by colour. Does not work for lands though (I have a library of alexandria that I cannot add) but then you have to take everything else out that you don't want. A hassle but 'solves' MOST of the problem. Hope this helps.
- #10 - 12.06.2016 19:44 dot hashbest magic the gathering game ever made
i remember getting a modification that added a lot of cards, in more recent years?
does anybody have info on this?
- #11 - 03.01.2017 15:16 Donny KangFor the application to work properly on Windows 10 - Right Click on 'Magic.exe' and go to its Properties. Change the Compatibility Mode to 'Windows 8'.
- #12 - 30.01.2017 10:41 DrossusGot it going pretty easily on Win 10. Ran setup.bat, double clicked magic.reg then hit shandalar.exe for the game. Had to use the deck edit fix too. Great blast from the past!