GDC Spotlight Awards - 1999
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Spotlight Awards was a video game awards event hosted in the 1990s at the now popular GDC (Games Developers Conference). The Spotlight awards took a lot of gaming platforms into consideration, but 1999 awarded many PC games.
The best video games for 1999 according to the Spotlight awards were:
- Baldur's Gate Best Adventure Game/RPG
- Gran Turismo Best Simulation Game
- Half-Life Best Action Game
- Half-Life Best AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Half-Life Best PC/Mac Game
- Half-Life Best Use of Audio
- Half-Life Best Use of Graphics
- NFL Blitz Best Sports Game
- StarCraft Best Multiplayer Game
- StarCraft Best Strategy/War Game
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Most Innovative Game Design
- You Don't Know Jack 4: The Ride Best Trivia or Puzzle Game