SimCity (a.k.a. SimCity Classic)
SimCity (a.k.a. SimCity Classic) downloads
SimCity was Maxis' first product, which has since been ported into various personal computers and game consoles.
The inspiration for SimCity came from a feature of the game Raid on Bungeling Bay that allowed Wright to create his own maps during development. Wright soon found he enjoyed creating maps more than playing the actual game, and SimCity was born. In addition, Wright also was inspired by reading "The Seventh Sally", a short story by Stanislaw Lem, in which an engineer encounters a deposed tyrant, and creates a miniature city with artificial citizens for the tyrant to oppress.
The original working title of SimCity was Micropolis.
SimCity inspired a new genre of video games. "Software toys" that were open-ended with no set objective were developed trying to duplicate SimCity's success.
players: single player
input: keyboard, mouse, joystick
graphics: CGA, EGA, Hercules, Tandy, MCGA
sound: Covox, PC speaker, Tandy
Abandonware DOS popularity: above average
- #1 - 29.12.2014 16:34 TravelerHow exactly do I download SimCity? Not some screen shot program or Mplayer but SimCity?
- #2 - 29.12.2014 16:57 AbandonwareDOSJust click on "Download SimCity (a.k.a. SimCity Classic)" in the download section. What do you mean by Mplayer? There are no screenshot programs.
- #3 - 19.05.2016 18:19 vtkCan't find the download link on this website. I see a few ads pretending to be download buttons, but not the actual download button or link. There's a big green download button, which scrolls me down the page a bit, but I can't figure out what exactly it's trying to scroll me to.
- #4 - 19.05.2016 18:39 AbandonwareDOS@vtk there are two bright red links just under the Download section, you can't miss them
- #5 - 12.11.2016 23:01 danielHiI just uploaded SimCity classic using D-Fend reloaded and DosBox DOS. I dragged and drop SimCity from the download on the abandonwaredos.com site, but I am having trouble getting a full screen. It appears as a mini-screen with black out dominating the backdrop. Plz advise and thank you! Daniel