Empire: Wargame of the Century downloads
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Additional info about Empire: Wargame of the Century
Input: keyboard, mouse
Distributed on: 5,25 floppy disk
Abandonware DOS views: 11998
- John - 24/08/2018 15:45This is not the Walter Bright version, who wrote Empire Deluxe. This is the Bob Norby version ported from DECUS/VAX written in FORTRAN. He released three versions. 4.6 ( Character based, requires ANSI.SYS or this archive has a TSR named NANSI ( New ANSI ). This is version 5.0 without the documentation ( EMPIRE.DOC), and finally he released a version 5.1 that supported Color Text. All of Norby's ports were based on FORTRAN, and were text character based, and required ANSI.SYS. ( or there was an option to run on a DEC Rainbow. )
I wrote the batch file called go.bat, and uploaded both version 4.6, and version 5.1 but it seems they are both lost.
- Rob - 18/01/2018 22:48I found this game with its very basic interface strangely addictive and played it for years. I recently found it on this site (thanks!) and have played it on Windows 10 64-bit with a Dos emulator (vDOS). I still prefer it to the later, more colorful, versions.
- Mark - 03/09/2017 19:15here you go Eric.. still play it on Windows 10 :)
- ERIC GARDNER - 19/06/2016 16:19I played Empire for many years before my old 386 finally gave up the ghost. The version that I played was just myself against the computer. I would REALLY like to get a copy of it to play on my new Dell. Can anyone out there help? Thanks.
- Romeo - 28/10/2015 08:54Best game of it's time. I was wondering if there are any new games out now like it.
Have you ever played Empire: Wargame of the Century? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Say something about this game!