Formula 1 Grand Prix
Downloads for Formula 1 Grand Prix
Despite the sheer age of the game and the fact that it is both technically and graphically inferior to modern racing simulators, F1GP still has a small active community and on-going developments relating to the game.
Geoff Crammond wrote the game long before the era of DirectX, OpenGL and 3D acceleration video cards. So F1GP was built around a proprietary 3D engine that ran in software. This engine was set up in such a way that a fixed frame rate had to be chosen (up to 25.6 frame/s on the PC version), and the game would at all times try to render the specified number of frames.
players: single player, multiplayer (LAN / local)
input: keyboard, mouse, joystick, wheel, gamepad
distribution: 3,5 floppy disk, cd-rom
graphics: MCGA, VGA
sound: Adlib, Sound Blaster, Roland
Abandonware DOS views: 8279
- #1 - 04.08.2018 11:44 QazuhbHelp! How do I enter the car setup screen to change wing levels, gear rates etc? I played the game a lot in the '90s but just can't remember this!
- #2 - 25.02.2017 00:48 MelroyStart the game by executing 'go.bat'.
'A' is throttle, 'Z' is brake ',' is left and '.' is right. My favourite game when I was young! I played it toooo much :D.
Gear up / down via Alt and space bar. 'P' is pause.
Via the Fx-keys you can enable automatic or manual gears and more settings.. (F1 til F6).
- #3 - 01.02.2015 13:11 PaulThanks a lot - weirdly, the first time I played it I needed to refer to the manual, but since then you're right, I can just type anything. It always asks for the same word, so if anyone else has that problem, try typing "require" Great download, thanks guys!
- #4 - 11.01.2015 12:54 AbandonwareDOSHello Paul, just type anything and press enter at the protection screen and you will get past it.
- #5 - 11.01.2015 00:00 PaulNo manual - can't get past the first Manual Protection screen :(