Formula 1 Grand Prix
Downloads for Formula 1 Grand Prix
F1GP was among the first wave of games that had a busy online community. The first competitions were organized via online services like Compuserve in 1993, crossing over to the wider Internet once that became mainstream.
Despite the sheer age of the game and the fact that it is both technically and graphically inferior to modern racing simulators, F1GP still has a small active community and on-going developments relating to the game.
Geoff Crammond wrote the game long before the era of DirectX, OpenGL and 3D acceleration video cards. So F1GP was built around a proprietary 3D engine that ran in software. This engine was set up in such a way that a fixed frame rate had to be chosen (up to 25.6 frame/s on the PC version), and the game would at all times try to render the specified number of frames.
players: single player, multiplayer (LAN / local)
input: keyboard, mouse, joystick, wheel, gamepad
distribution: 3,5 floppy disk, cd-rom
graphics: MCGA, VGA
sound: Adlib, Sound Blaster, Roland
Abandonware DOS views: 7527
- #1 - 11.01.2015 00:00 PaulNo manual - can't get past the first Manual Protection screen :(
- #2 - 11.01.2015 12:54 AbandonwareDOSHello Paul, just type anything and press enter at the protection screen and you will get past it.
- #3 - 01.02.2015 13:11 PaulThanks a lot - weirdly, the first time I played it I needed to refer to the manual, but since then you're right, I can just type anything. It always asks for the same word, so if anyone else has that problem, try typing "require" Great download, thanks guys!
- #4 - 25.02.2017 00:48 MelroyStart the game by executing 'go.bat'.
'A' is throttle, 'Z' is brake ',' is left and '.' is right. My favourite game when I was young! I played it toooo much :D.
Gear up / down via Alt and space bar. 'P' is pause.
Via the Fx-keys you can enable automatic or manual gears and more settings.. (F1 til F6).
- #5 - 04.08.2018 11:44 QazuhbHelp! How do I enter the car setup screen to change wing levels, gear rates etc? I played the game a lot in the '90s but just can't remember this!