House of the Dead
Sega developed the Windows XP horror shooter game House of the Dead in 1998. House of the Dead is currently abandonware, runs on Windows XP and can be played in single player, multiplayer (same or split screen, Internet, LAN / local, co-op) modes. House of the Dead is a conversion from an arcade coin-op machine. It's available for download.
The dead with bad haircut and moustache are coming for me, but I have my loaded gun and my stone cold finger on the trigger. I'll be ok... I guess.
Downloads for House of the Dead
Screenshots taken by Abandonware DOS.
Player modes: single player, multiplayer (same or split screen, Internet, LAN / local, co-op)
Input: joystick, keyboard, mouse
Distributed on: cd-rom
Also published for: Saturn, smartphone
Abandonware DOS views: 55615
- shakir mughal - 21/04/2019 12:57i like it very much
- Rob - 10/03/2019 10:39Had this one for the Dream Cast along with Resident Evil to round of the horror survival shelf. Interesting to see it floating about and seemingly more popular than I thought it would be. It is pretty fun (shooter on rails like Operation Wolf, but with zombies).
- ibnu aas imruul qais - 01/02/2019 16:12super game......
- Nader - 30/05/2018 19:52It tells my that you need the house of the dead CD or something like that please anyone help.
- AbandonwareDOS - 12/02/2018 19:00@ramesh: there's more than one exe, I just checked. Could it be that your antivirus automatically deleted the EXEs? I guarantee that House of the Dead is virus free
- ramesh - 08/02/2018 17:57house of the dead exe file is not there
- ASHIFA - 01/01/2018 05:49GOOD GAME
- fahad - 09/11/2017 12:00nice game
- AbandonwareDOS - 05/03/2016 11:32You are right Moldy... my mistake. I changed the system data accordingly.
- moldylunchbox97 - 04/03/2016 19:43This is actually a Windows 95/Windows NT game and cannot be played on vanilla DOS.
I ran all of the executables in DOSBOX, a MSDOS 7.10 Virtual Machine, my stand alone ThinkPad running IBM DOS 4.01, and also my 2003 Dell Dimension 4600. It would only work when running under Win XP or 98 on my Dell.
Tell others what you think about House of the Dead: did you play it? Did you like it or hate it? If you have problems running House of the Dead, please read the F.A.Q. first. Your e-mail will NEVER be used for spam.