Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge downloads
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Input: keyboard, mouse
Distributed on: cd-rom
Abandonware DOS views: 9150
- superzig - 03/04/2020 19:21Does anybody know what is the highest achievable score you can reach by the end? Don't think 911 is feasible...
- AbandonwareDOS - 14/05/2017 09:08Thank you AGAIN for your review Lord Bucket!
- LordBucket - 13/05/2017 13:23Quick followup: to play this game you ABSOLUTELY MUST play with the voice enabled. The above video doesn't show what's going on. Not only is the dialogue crucial to play, the fun part of Malcom's Revenge isn't playing the game, it's listening to the constant stream of jokes from the characters, which are delivered via spoken lines. If you can't hear the voices, don't bother. You need them to play.
- LordBucket - 13/05/2017 13:18Malcolm's Revenge is entertaining at times, and the voicework is great, but the game gets into "Guide Dang it" territory sometimes where there's just no way you can realistically proceed without giving up and consulting a guide. But that's not all bad, because there's a LOT dialogue predicting all the stuff you'll try, and the main character and his over-the shoulder-demon sidekick will keep you mostly entertained while you struggle to progress. Eventually though you'll get to cat island, and then the game becomes completely stupidly difficult, at which point you either simply give up or result to following step by step guides and not enjoying it anymore.
Also, while this game is the THIRD in the Kyrandia series, it's a continuation of the story from from the FIRST game, and will make more sense if you've played the first one. If you have, definately check this out to get Malcolm's version of the story. It's kind of a Rashomon story. But if you haven't, you might enjoy the SECOND game in the story more, Hand of Fate. It's the best in the series, and doesn't depend on knowledge of the other two as much.
- KV - 26/07/2016 17:52I downloaded this game from this website and tried to launch from the Boxer app on my mac. When I try to start a new game, it gives me an error message that says it cannot detect the "anytalk.tlk" file and I have to exit the game. I am not well-versed with DOSbox or any of the DOS prompting, so I am completely lost as to how to fix this. I have downloaded the Kyrandia 2 game and it worked just fine.
- GrandMaster - 11/08/2015 10:03A fairly typical adventure game in the old Kings Quest style. Perhaps with less vicious fatalities. The music is catchy and the graphics decent for their day, but the puzzles infuriating as is the wont of this genre.
Tell others what you think about Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge: did you play it? Did you love it or hate it? Your e-mail will NEVER be used for spam.