Metal Gear downloads
Do you have trouble running this game? Read the guide
DOS Games can't run on Windows. You need an emulator such as DOSbox and/or a front-end like D-Fend Reloaded. Follow these instructions to run DOS games on Windows systems.
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Additional info about Metal Gear
Input: joystick, keyboard
Distributed on: 3,5 floppy disk
Abandonware DOS views: 10942
- Search Metal Gear on Mobygames
- Search Metal Gear on IGDB
- Metal Gear official site - official site
- Metal Gear Solid: the unofficial site - fansite
- Metal Gear wiki - help
- Daniel - 20/07/2022 16:37Please also note that if the Abandonware version doesn't have it, you need to create a file called delete.me to get the cheats to work and to skip copy protection.
Ctrl+Esc All items
- Daniel - 20/07/2022 16:32This version of the game is a broken mess
Your gun starts off silenced, collecting the silencer makes it un-silenced.
Terrible hitboxes, losing half your life in one hit and poorly chosen new spawn points mean that you have to use the invincibility cheat to get past the first four screens. Ctrl + F1 to turn on, have to quit and reload to turn off.
Some essential codec messages won't work unless you save the game, quit and come back in. Ctrl+S to save.
You need the Level 8 Card to get into the room where the Level 8 card is, meaning the game is furtherly unfinishable unless you use the cheat to give you all items with Ctrl+Esc. I don't think this game was tested at all beyond the guy who ported it and he just forgot he did that.
- Christopher Salem - 16/08/2018 07:42Interesting note: Most of the Metal Gear videos on YouTube that claim to show the 1987 version (MSX2, Famicom/NES), in fact are showing the 1990 port for MS-DOS as demonstrated by the copyright year on the title screen.
Have you ever played Metal Gear? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Say something about this game!