SSI Strategic Simulations Inc. released Phantasie 1 in the year 1987; it's an old fantasy rpg game, part of the Phantasie series. Phantasie 1 is abandonware, runs on DOS and can be played in single player mode. It's available for download.
Downloads for Phantasie 1
Screenshots taken by Abandonware DOS.
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Player modes: single player
Sound cards supported: PC speaker
Abandonware DOS views: 3541
- Denis Stephenson - 11/05/2019 21:51Very Good on the SAtari bit system a very nice change I use the original 130 XE Atari and org disks well worth what i paid for it back in the day
- terwixonse - 11/05/2019 05:42Help. I am looking for guide
- AbandonwareDOS - 10/11/2018 10:56@Gene Mui, you can use the D-Fend package: just drag and drop it in D-Fend Reloaded. D-Fend is an easy to use front-end for DOSBOX.
- Gene Mui - 29/09/2018 05:10Do you know which User Template to use with this game? I've used Simple DOS Game template and Default Template, bu the game keeps crashing to desktop.
- Christopher - 28/11/2017 19:00just down load it now how do i get it to load
- Roger - 27/09/2016 21:42This game is not a real rpg, just a bad dungeon hack. Why ?
1) Combat are too much based on luck
2) Inventory system is just a NIGHTMARE to use. You MUST keep the scrolls for info BUT it take A LOT of place in your SACK.
3) Magic scrolls can ONLY be used in town and it say NOT what it doe. Just LUCK to try ? Boring!!!
4) Graphics & sounds are UGLY, if you really want to play this game..... USE the Amiga or Atari ST version.
5) The dungeon are reseted after a while and you MUST restart the same dungeon AGAIN and AGAIN with no change inside. The stairs in the dungeon are USELESS just because you cannot use it to change levels.
6) The dungeon are supposed to be save the progress BUT everything is after a while reseted, USELESS fonction in final.
I have played far enough this gamr to see that it is boring WITH A VERY BAD GAMEPLAY, the story is less than BASIC one, it is just bad as the game. If you really want to play "dungeon hack" style rpg game, look at RPG NES games, there is a lot of it with strong story and A LOT MORE FUN TO PLAY.
Tell others what you think about Phantasie 1: did you play it? Did you like it or hate it? If you have problems running Phantasie 1, please read the F.A.Q. first. Your e-mail will NEVER be used for spam.