Legends of Murder: Volume 1 - Stonedale Castle manual
- Legends of Murder: Volume 1 - Stonedale Castle
Legends of Murder 1 Help
LEGENDS OF MURDER
Legends of Murder is a fantasy/role-playing/murder mystery game, and you
are its main character. As the Inspector, you have been summoned to a small
castle near the harbor city of Erdwyn to investigate the murder of the King.
This castle -- the site of the murder -- is a day's journey across the
Northern Sea from your own kingdom. Hired by the advisor of the deceased
King, an elf named Ash, you set foot in the castle after a long journey
across the sea, and the game begins...
Your ultimate purpose in Legends of Murder is to discover the murderer of
the King. There are numerous riddles and puzzles to solve along the way, as
well as many people to meet and places to explore. It is very important that
you talk to everyone you encounter, search all rooms of the castle you enter,
and make note of what you learn for later reference.
The Inspector has a number of personal attributes which affect the play of
the game. These attributes are:
Strength - Physical condition.
Dexterity - Nimbleness, hand-eye coordination.
Agility - Quickness, speed, dodging ability.
Intellect - Intelligence, strength of will, resistance to mind-
Fighter Level - Combat ability. The higher the level, the greater
the Inspector's ability.
Condition - Afflictions disabling to the Inspector.
Health Indicator - Current physical damage to the Inspector.
Concentration - Ability to concentrate on a previously-memorized spell.
Each spell requires a certain amount of concentration.
If a spell requires a percentage of concentration greater
than the Inspector has, the spell will fail.
Concentration can be raised magically, or by the
Inspector's walking around and clearing his thoughts to
increase his concentration.
Weapon and Armor - The weapon currently in-hand and the armor being worn
by the Inspector.
- Cast a spell
- Save game
- Restore game
- Toggle the display of descriptions ON/OFF
- Quit game and return to DOS
- Search the area on which you are standing.
Almost all visible objects can be searched, but you must stand
directly in front of the object or in the closest accessible
- Status of the Inspector. Display all important information about
- Move the Inspector north, northeast, east, southeast, south,
southwest, west, and northwest.
- This help.
NOTE: In movement, if either SHIFT key is pressed with a direction, the
Inspector will move until the SHIFT is released or movement is blocked. With
the save and restore options, you are asked for a game number to use. Enter
a number from 0-9. Press any other key to exit without saving or restoring.
CASTING A SPELL
Spells must be learned from special books. The higher a character's
level, the more powerful the spell he can learn.
- It is important to search everything. Many objects contain clues to the
murder and to other puzzles in the game.
- Visit every location. There are specific things you must do in certain
locations in order to complete the game.
- When looting a chest, you need not always take everything. If you leave
items, you can always come back later and get them.
- Make notes of important information along the way.
- Try to explore all corners since some things -- like stairs -- do not show
on the map.
- Some events will not take place until you have possession of the correct
items. For example, certain rooms may not be entered until specific items
have been found.
- Certain characters will comment on various items the Inspector may find,
so, once you find an item, go to someone who might have an interest in it.
DISK FILES THIS PROGRAM USES:
Legends of Murder 1: Stonedale Castle
by James Schmalz
copyright (C) 1993 Softdisk, Inc