Why this DOS game crashes at launch?
- access the profile editor of the malfunctioning game in D-Fend
- select "DOSBOX settings"
- disable the "Close DOSBOX when program closes" checkbox
This will prevent the DOS window to close. The next time the game crashes, you will be able to see the error message.
However, without any technical knowledge of DOS or Windows operating systems, there's little you can do. Here are some of the most common issues:
- The game is corrupted. Download it again from AbandonwareDOS (I personally tested every game).
- Sound could be the problem. Access the D-Fend profile of the game and disable all sounds. Alteratively, run the game setup (if there is one) and disable sounds and music entirely.
- The game needs to be installed. D-Fend comes with an automatic install procedure, but it's not guaranteed to work at 100%. Try it!