Manuals, manuals, manuals
In the old days, tutorials were a plus, something that only a few developers bothered to add to their games. Today, I find tutorials almost annoying, particularly in Real Time Strategy games.
Some manuals were the result of a work of careful craftmanship: think about Infocom games or Ultima manuals. Other manuals were fundamental for copy protection and everyone remembers "type the fifth word at row 10 at page 34 of the manual" or the Gold Box RPGs by S.S.I. with their journals and rule book that you had to consult once in a while to read descriptions during the game.
Well, if you're still looking for a manual... here are some of them, recently added to Abandonware DOS:
- Pools of Darkness journal
- Pools of Darkness rule book
- Balance of Power
- Scorched Earth
- Tau Ceti
- Whale's Voyage
- Marble Madness
- Dark Queen of Krynn adventure book
- Dark Queen of Krynn rule book
- Secret of the Silver Blades rule book
- Secret of the Silver Blade adventure journal
Enjoy the reading!