CODiE Awards: 1988
Please consider supporting by allowing ads to be displayed or by donating. Thanks!
In 1988 I was a proud owner of a Commodore 64. A couple of years later I bought an Amiga, but 1988 I was still playing Ultima 5 on 5 1/4 disks. I didn't know a thing about PCs, even less about PC gaming. Older people I knew at the time used PCs to work on spreadsheets or word processors (WordStar!) and not one of them ever thought that PCs would become gaming machines. Well, these awards prove that other people knew what was the future of video gaming.
From the official site: "The SIIA CODiE Awards were established in 1986 so that pioneers of the then-nascent software industry could evaluate and honor each other's work."
- Ancient Art of War at Sea Best Action/Strategy Program
- Ancient Art of War at Sea Best Packaging
- Falcon Best Action/Strategy Program
- Falcon Best Simulation Program
- Falcon Best Technical Achievement
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Best Adventure or Fantasy/Role Playing Program