CODiE Awards 1989: Tetris, Battle Chess, King's Quest 4
Please consider supporting by allowing ads to be displayed or by donating. Thanks!
In 1989 Tetris was the single most awarded game. The fact that it was a puzzle game based on a very simple concept and made by a nice russian man has contributed to the Tetris myth. Thank you Alexey Pajitnov.
1989 was a very important year in world history. Just think at the fall of the Berlin wall, the eastern Europe revolutions and the China protests in Tiananment square. I was too young to be really interested in these events, but I clearly remember seeing everything on the news. Thank god, in 1989 I was still enjoying my youth without worries.
From the official site: "The SIIA CODiE Awards were established in 1986 so that pioneers of the then-nascent software industry could evaluate and honor each other's work."
- Battle Chess Best Graphics Achievement in a Non-Graphics Product
- F-19 Stealth Fighter Best Simulation Program
- King’s Quest IV Best Adventure/Fantasy Role-Playing Program
- Shufflepuck Café Best Action/Arcade
- Tetris Best Action/Strategy Program
- Tetris Best Entertainment Program
- Tetris Best Original Game Achievement
- The Three Stooges Best Sound Achievement in a Non-Music Product
- Wayne Gretzky Hockey Best Sports