CODiE Awards 1994: Myst, SimCity 2000, IndyCar Racing
Please consider supporting us by allowing ads to be displayed or by donating a small amount. Thanks!
1994 was the year of Myst. To me, the huge success of Myst was a mystery. Myst was an ok game, different from many other titles, but I didn't see it as a groundbreaking innovative product. I know that many of you will frown reading this, but it really didn't made an impression on me.
Being a simulation guy, I loved SimCity 2000 a lot and SimFarm a lot less. I also remember playing IndyCar Racing and enjoying it tremendously, which is a huge compliment since I'm not much into racing games.
All in all, 1994 was a very good year for PC gaming. Here's a complete list of the CODiE Awards for 1994:
- IndyCar Racing Best Sports Program
- Iron Helix Best Strategy Program
- Lemmings 2: The Tribes Best Action/Arcade Program
- Myst Best Consumer Program
- Myst Best Fantasy Role Playing/Adventure Program
- Myst Best User Interface In A New Program
- SimCity 2000 Best Simulation Program
- SimFarm Best Secondary Education Program