Abandonware DOS in 2023: demos, applications and we're on Patreon!
While 2023 may not have held any particular significance for Abandonware DOS, it marked a significant milestone in my personal life. After 18 years, my fiancée and I decided to share a home, and so far, everything is going smoothly. This shift means I now have more time to dedicate to the site, as I no longer have to endure a two-hour drive to be with her. Without further ado, here's a rundown of the features and fixes implemented for Abandonware DOS in 2023.
- To begin with, we've joined Patreon! Feel free to check out the link if you'd like to subscribe.
- I've upgraded the hosting, securing additional space to accommodate larger games.
- A new "demos" page has been introduced, providing a comprehensive list of "protected" games with available demos.
- For better categorization, an NSFW tag has been incorporated to identify explicit content in certain games.
- My focus has recently shifted towards abandonware applications, resulting in the addition of almost 40 "new" applications, spanning from utilities to vintage browsers.
- In the realm of technical enhancements, I've dedicated time to refine the code, bidding farewell to an outdated Zend Library.
- Naturally, a substantial amount of content has been added, encompassing games, reviews, walkthroughs, and more.
Looking ahead, my plan is to concentrate on specific sections of the site, one at a time, similar to the approach taken with the applications. This includes expanding the demo page and updating emularity for an improved online gaming experience.
And that's all... enjoy exploring the site, and have fun!
Find out more