How to help and why Abandonware DOS needs support
Abandonware DOS is a free service, born from my passion for old PC games for DOS and Windows. I keep working on Abandonware DOS on a weekly basis in my spare time, adding games, developing new features when I can, etc. However, there are costs to sustain. If you wish to help, well, you can donate a few bucks using PayPal.
I spend money mainly to pay for hosting costs: Abandonware DOS is hosted by two distinct services: one for the site and the other for the bulk of games and applications. The rest goes for various services directly linked to the site.A big THANK YOU to everyone who donated so far (a lot of people)!
What I'm currently working onThe time I've got is not much, that's why I try to focus on important activities such as adding more content and making Abandonware DOS more user-friendly. This is just an example of how what I usually do.
- adding documents like manuals, walkthroughs, maps
- adding review excerpts from old video games magazines
- adding more games for DOS, Windows, Mac
- updating info of games already added
- tweaking the code here and there
NICE TO HAVE FEATURES
Some of them are planned, other are just ideas that may or may not come to life.
- adding bigger files to download: ISO images, more recent games for Windows, etc.
- add popular soundtracks to play directly in your browser or download in MP3 form
- implement an advanced search system
THINGS I'VE DONE RECENTLY
- upgraded hosting
- created a "demo" section and uploaded lots of demos
- redesigned and reworked the "search by keyword" page
- rethought the code handling series