Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings downloads
Do you have trouble running this game? Read the guide
Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings reviews
GameSpy (2001): "One complaint that critics may have about Age of Empires II - The Age of Kings is that is doesn't advance the genre or reach far beyond the scope of the original game. While this argument is somewhat well-founded, it does not keep the game from being entertaining. Great care has been taken to correct the shortcomings of the original. In this effort, Age of Empires succeeds undeniably. Beyond this, the game extends the strengths of its predecessor with 13 unique races, a variety of exciting new units, and wealth of new features. It is left to the individual to decide if a fun continuation of the original game is enough merit, or if the lack of technological advances keeps the game from achieving its full potential."
Gamepublic.com (1999): "Microsoft jumped into real time strategy games with the well-received Age of Empires. It offered a unique view to real time strategy with the ability to choose from different civilizations with varied unit and technology advancement. Age of Empires 2 retains all these elements with new civilizations to choose from with new units, sounds, and a graphical overhaul as well. If you were a fan of the first game, Age of Empires, or missed it but love real time strategy games, I highly recommend Age of Empires 2."
A demo of The Age of Kings was released on October 16, 1999. It featured the learning campaign, a sample of a random map game, and the ability to play via the MSN Gaming Zone. Much to Ensemble Studios' disappointment, numerous incomplete versions of the game were leaked. These were picked up by warez sites, and sold illegally throughout the Pacific Rim; warez versions of the game were even sold outside Microsoft's offices in South Korea.
The above text is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. This text is based on this Wikipedia article.Search on eBay
Additional info about Age of Empires 2: The Age of KingsAwards won by Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings:
- 2000 - Simulation/Strategy Game of the Year, Interactive Achievement Awards (IAAs).
- 1999 - Simulation/Strategy Game of the Year, Interactive Achievement Awards (IAAs).
Input: keyboard, mouse
Distributed on: cd-rom
Abandonware DOS views: 47635
- Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings Wikipedia page
- Search Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings on Mobygames
- Search Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings on IGDB
- Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition - remake
- Age of Empires heaven
- Age of Empires wikia - help
- Official Age of Empires series site - official site
- Planet Age of Empires
- Novi - 24/04/2017 11:23Thank you, my computer somehow not powerful enough to play HD edition..
- Roushan - 02/12/2015 16:47i played age of empire 3, empire earth........................
i love it
- AbandonwareDOS - 08/01/2015 11:19Lots of people love this game. I'm still playing the HD edition on Steam.