The original manual included the famous tech tree on paper called "Civilization Advances Chart".Search on eBay
"I clearly remember the first time I played Civilization. It was, perhaps, the first time I played a 4X game (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate). It took me a fair amount of time to learn the mechanics, understand the pace of the game, the gameplay and to finally beat the computer AI. Civilization marked the birth of a new genre that spawned sequels, blatant copies, and lots of other 4X strategy games and I think I can talk for every turn-based strategy fan out there when I say: thank god for that." - Abandonware DOS
- 1992 - Computer Games of the Year, Electronic Games Arcade Awards (MS-DOS).
- 1992 - Best Entertainment Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1992 - Best Strategy Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1992 - Best Consumer Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1991 - , Gamespot Greatest PC Games of all Time.
- Selected for All-TIME 100 video games TIME.com.
Input: keyboard, mouse, joystick
Distributed on: 3,5 floppy disk, 5,25 floppy disk, cd-rom
Also published for: Amiga, Atari ST, Mac, PC-98, PlayStation, SNES
Abandonware DOS views: 45050
- maxleod - 02/05/2022 23:43Greatest game ever. A timeless staple gem only surpassed by Civilization 2, which is basically Civilization 1 Enhanced. Still playing it in 2022.
- Branko - 16/01/2021 00:40Great game i played for countless hours on my first PC. Looking for original game(not one augmented for windows..I remember in original game when you capture big empires capital it splits in two fractions etc...original intro...any clues???