What magazines wrote about it
"I clearly remember the first time I played Civilization. It was, perhaps, the first time I played a 4X game (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate). It took me a fair amount of time to learn the mechanics, understand the pace of the game, the gameplay and to finally beat the computer AI. Civilization marked the birth of a new genre that spawned sequels, blatant copies, and lots of other 4X strategy games and I think I can talk for every turn-based strategy fan out there when I say: thank god for that." - Abandonware DOS
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Awards won by Civilization:
- 1992 - Computer Games of the Year, Electronic Games Arcade Awards (MS-DOS).
- 1992 - Best Entertainment Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1992 - Best Strategy Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1992 - Best Consumer Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1991 - , Gamespot Greatest PC Games of all Time.
- Selected for All-TIME 100 video games TIME.com.
Input: keyboard, mouse, joystick
Distributed on: 3,5 floppy disk, 5,25 floppy disk, cd-rom
Also published for: Amiga, Atari ST, Mac, PC-98, PlayStation, SNES
Abandonware DOS views: 24065
Tell others what you think about Civilization: did you play it? Did you love it or hate it? Your e-mail will NEVER be used for spam.