"If you like Quake and Duke Nukem, there is no way you can't like Doom, one of the original first-person shoot-em-up games created (Wolfenstein started it, baby!). The good thing about game designers is that they know what the public wants: a place to release their pent-up agression and frustrations. What better way to express your inner rage than in the corridors and catacombs of Doom?" - All Game Guide review
The popularity of Doom led to the development of expansion packs and alternate versions based on the same game engine, including The Ultimate Doom (1995), Final Doom (1996), and Doom 64 (1997).Search on eBay
Additional info about DoomAwards won by Doom:
- 1993 - , Gamespot Greatest PC Games of all Time.
- 1993 - , Game Informer Greatest Games (pre-1996) (DOS, Windows, Mac OS, Linux, SNES, Jaguar, 32X, PlayStation, 3DO, Saturn, N64, GBA, Xbox, iOS).
- Selected for Rock Paper Shotgun Greatest PC games of all time.
- Selected for All-TIME 100 video games TIME.com.
Input: keyboard, mouse, joystick
Also published for: Sega 32X, SNES, 3DO, Saturn, Acorn Archimedes, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation, Atari Jaguar, Xbox 360, iOS
Abandonware DOS views: 77230
- James - 29/01/2021 06:56DosBox is a great way to run older games on any OS. It also has full Gravis Ultrasound and Roland MT-32 emulation.
- YOUR DAD - 18/04/2019 00:12THIS IS SO SICK
- ramrod - 18/08/2018 07:42@Dunkin Use DOS BOX
- Pippotto - 30/01/2018 14:26@Dunkin: There are many source ports out there to play Doom on Windows. Probably the easiest port out there is ZDoom.
- Joi - 23/01/2018 03:12First came Wolfenstein 3D the father of first person shooters, then Doom... I loved both of these games so much... Remember a lot of good times...
- Dunkin - 13/01/2018 06:54I have final Doom and all the dooms-I cannot play them on w10. please help.