Westwood Studios developed the Windows XP science fiction strategy game Dune 2000 in 1998. Dune 2000 is currently abandonware, runs on Windows XP and can be played in single player, multiplayer (Internet, LAN / local) modes. It's available for download.
Downloads for Dune 2000
Screenshots taken by Abandonware DOS.
Player modes: single player, multiplayer (Internet, LAN / local)
Input: keyboard, mouse
Distributed on: cd-rom
Also published for: PlayStation
Abandonware DOS views: 52801
- krashd - 22/05/2019 22:181981gamer, I don't know how to get in touch with you so I'm leaving this message here in the hopes that you find it. gruntmods.com is the home of Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition, a community updated version of the game with higher resolutions, better compatibility and even multiplayer support.
- 1981gamer - 14/04/2019 22:54Dune 2000 is the best RTS ever made in my opinion. I can't believe EA didn't just update it and resell it. I could never get the disc to work on a win10x64 pc so once in awhile i look for other ways to get this game running instead of installing from a disc. Hoping someone will find this gem and make an x64 compatibility patch for it and maybe a 16:9 resolution update so it can run in 720p.
- David - 18/03/2019 21:41Why hasn't anyone updated this great game? Loved playing it.
- Rienk Kroese - 04/02/2019 20:41LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!!
- valibb - 19/01/2019 18:19Starting and working very well in linux with wine
- RandomDelta45 - 16/12/2018 12:47I got it to run on Win10, just selected Windows 95 compatibility mode and Screen resolution to 640x480. The menus were messed up, showing twice on top side of screen with colours messed. But once i navigated to campaign and started mission it fixed the graphics. And after completing the mission, menus worked. BUT everytime i alt+tab menus get messed again, until you go in mission.
- Nchy - 12/11/2018 15:53There's the Gruntmods edition which runs under Win10 very well. You're able to set it to run in a window, or at proper fullscreen resolutions.
- marky - 14/09/2018 20:01DUNE 2000
what a great game, used to play this alot, wish they would sell a usable version, i would que up to buy it as it was
- jboy - 18/10/2017 20:13There is a lot of scope for setting the difficulty of the game till it's just right for you. The actual game difficulty setting plus the number of opponent teams in the game. The sandworm acts as a balancer if you are getting too good, it will seek out and swallow some of your vehicles.
- Daniel L J Hearn - 04/09/2017 07:44Frank Herbert wrote the book Dune a very long time ago now (I feel so old) but it's timeless concept lives on today of a planetary struggle to overcome diversity, greed and maniac world leaders hell bent on world domination and destruction. This game captures the essence of the book well and focus is on the mining of a drug they call SPICE. It is the most valuable commodity in the DUNE universe and it powers their space navigators vision (They are no longer human) enabling space travel. Those exposed to the SPICE for long periods of time have solid blue eyes, and they even made a few movies and t.v series' about the DUNE universe. A must play game for all avid gamers and sci-fi fans.
- Abandonware DOS - 11/04/2017 14:47@sean: thanks for the clarification!
- Sean - 10/04/2017 19:49Pretty sure your mind is playing tricks on you. It was Westwood Associates from 1985 to 1992 when ir merged with Virgin Interactive and was renamed Westwood studios. It was purchased and absorbed by EA in 1998. They haven't existed as an entity since 2003 when they were closed by EA.
- Uh - 03/04/2017 12:45Are you sure your mind isnt playing tricks on you? The AI doesn't have learning heuristics.
- Sam Gate - 04/03/2017 13:01This is the best strategy game I've ever played. Please release a newer version.
- Tom Loman - 31/08/2016 19:05I played dune 2000 for many years and enjoyed it. I used the practice games to play 4 opponents at a time. Early on i was able to win with tricks and strategy the game was ignorant of, but as time went on the game adapted and reversed the tactics on me. A game would originally take about 30 minutes to develop and win. When i last played (a week ago) games took up to 3 hours to develop and win. I regret that i cannot play on windows 10. I wish an update with all the down loads could be obtained. I played each of the houses and liked them all. I would buy a newer playable version in a heartbeat. I tried to get in touch with Westwood Studios to no avail.
Tell others what you think about Dune 2000: did you play it? Did you like it or hate it? If you have problems running Dune 2000, please read the F.A.Q. first. Your e-mail will NEVER be used for spam.