"Lemmings has become a classic for a number of reasons - the humor, the originality and the unequalled playbility to name but three - but mostly because the "learning curve" is so perfectfly pitched: the feeling of satisfaction that hits you when you actually complete a level only lasts as long as it takes the next level to load - and it's immediately "once more into the breach dear friends" without so much as a pause to catch your breath. It doesn't really matter if you only ever play flight simulators, or adventures are your thing, or if you're the sort of gameplyer who's impressed by 256-colour VGA and multi-layer parallax scrolling... give Lemmings a try, you won't be disappointed. You may, however, lose your family, your job and everything else which you hold dear, but make no mistake... it will have been well worth it." - PC Review Issue 7 (1992)
Video courtesy of Squakenet.com.
Additional info about LemmingsAwards won by Lemmings:
- 1992 - Best Action/Arcade Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1992 - Best Entertainment Program, CODiE Awards.
- 1991 - Game of the year, Mobygames Game of the Year (Amiga, Atari ST).
Distributed on: 3,5 floppy disk, 5,25 floppy disk
Abandonware DOS views: 28643
- Christopher Salem - 14/08/2018 22:38@Marc: I concur with you, though I typically run "VGALemmi.exe /v"
- Marc - 16/11/2017 17:03The executable is incorrectly set to "autodet.exe" this does not start the game. Correct would be "lemmings.bat" but actually the best would be "LEMVGA.COM" otherwise users have to select the video mode each time they start the game.
Say something about Lemmings! Did you play it? Do you feel nostalgic about the good old days? Did you like it or hate it? Do you have trouble running this game? Don't be afraid to ask for help (please, read the guide first). And don't forget to be polite.