Sid Meier's SimGolf
Downloads for Sid Meier's SimGolf
Played in a near-isometric dimetric view, the game runs on fairly low system specs, and only at an 800x600 resolution.
players: single player
input: keyboard, mouse
Abandonware DOS popularity: very high
- #1 - 01.07.2017 10:58 ColinI love golf!
- #2 - 29.07.2017 22:29 Gary GolfThis game is one that needs a reboot for Windows 7/8.1/10 and beyond! This is a classic game that can be addicting and provides hours of endless fun. The only way it would be better is if the patches (V1.01 thru V1.03) were readily available and the game didn't crash after trying to start a 500K tournament.
- #3 - 13.09.2017 05:05 Jack HarperDownloads fine, click play on the first menu and nothing happens, changed compatibility/ran as administrator. changed every setting possible.
- #4 - 15.10.2017 14:00 TomDoesn't work on Win 10 due to DRM incompatibility with the software. Use an XP virtual machine.
- #5 - 09.11.2017 21:01 Luc T.This game is amazing and should be played by those who loves to control every aspect of a game. Unfortunately you can't play this gem on Windows 10 because EA thinks it's not worthy of uploading to Origin or even making a simple patch for this game. It's amazing to me that they will do this for a game like this but who cares, battlefront 2 is coming out so they give a rats ass.
- #6 - 13.11.2017 22:53 ericIve had problems downloading this with windows 8. I downloaded the requested virtual machine as well and still cant seem to figure it out. is there a step by step process for making this game and the virtual machine work together? thanks!
- #7 - 14.11.2017 19:20 AbandonwareDOS@eric Hi Eric! I found this article about setting up a virtual machine really helpful: https://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginner-geek-how-to-create-and-use-virtual-machines/
- #8 - 01.01.2018 02:41 ArtFirst, GREAT game. I played this when it first came out for literally 100s of hours. I missed it so much I sought it out and am thrilled to find it. For those having problems, try running the game out of Windows "Troubleshoot compatibility" mode. Tell the computer it used to run on Windows 7 and Windows will use those settings. I have zero problem running it on Windows 10 through Windows 7 compatibility.