Street Fighter 2 downloads
Street Fighter 2 reviews
NForce 01 (July 1992) - "To put it plainly, Street Fighter 2 is a nice piece of work with well defined graphics, strongly drawn backgrounds with sharp edges and good definition. There's plenty of those lovely OOOMPH, CRRRACK and EURGHHHG sounds when you land a big one on a baddie.
In the background, awed onlookers watch the battle - but they're like wallpaper to be ignored. The backgrounds are nice and colorful - who cares? Who has time to admire the art spent in drawing scenes of America, Brazil, Japan? Or the limited, almost comical animation of the background cast? Not when there's some gorilla-faced yob built like a brick cack-house to pummel into submission.
That goes for the music too. It sounds nice, has a good feel to add to the action and changes with each scene. But again, if you love music, go fondle a juke box.
What I like about this game are the digitised battle sounds; the grunts, groans, and the sound of a body being compressed into something the size of a sandwich tin. I also like the 'intermission' screens that display the broken, blood-drenched puss of the meathead you just massacred. But then, I never was home-made apple pie sort of dude.
What it all comes down to is this. If you're a big frilly woozer, don't bother with Street Fighter 2. But if you've got a king-sized set of gonads and aren't scared of plastic surgery without anaesthetic, you just might be OK."
Additional info about Street Fighter 2Awards won by Street Fighter 2:
- 1993 - Game of the year, Mobygames Game of the Year (SNES).
- 1992 - Game of the Year, Golden Joystick Awards.
- 1992 - Video Game of the Year, Electronic Games Arcade Awards (SNES).
- 1992 - , Game Informer Game of the Year (for Arcade, Super Nintendo).
- 1992 - , Electronic Gaming Monthly Game of the Year (for Arcade, SNES).
- 1991 - , Game Informer Greatest Games (pre-1996) (Arcade, SNES, Sega Genesis, Master System, Amiga, Atari ST, C64, Spectrum, PC, Game Boy, PlayStation, Saturn, PSP, iOS, PS2, Xbox, Virtual Console).
- Selected for All-TIME 100 video games TIME.com.
Also known as: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Input: joystick, keyboard
Distributed on: 3,5 floppy disk
Abandonware DOS views: 51520