Abandonware DOS in 2020: what's changed and what's new
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
2020 will go down in history as the COVID year. I live in northern Italy, in one of the first regions to be hit heavily by the virus. Thank god I didn't catch it (as far as I know). I worked from home, mostly, and that gave me time to focus on Abandonware DOS.
Here's some of what I did this year to make Abandonware DOS better.
- Remade the game info page: it's now loading faster and it's more informative
- Added lots of excerpts from old video games magazines reviews
- Remade the Recent remakes and ports section
- Added a Abandoned remakes page
- Tweaked and cleaned the web design across all pages
- Cleaned Abandonware DOS from broken links
- Remade the retro game collection section
- Added the collector's corner with helpful info for big box game collectors like myself
- Reviewed the info about multiplayer modes: more keywords, more modes, links to multiplayer modes
The site didn't change much, I chose to focus on content and added LOTS of games (even obscure ones I never heard about). I finally reached the 2000 games milestones and I have no intention to stop.